Being a depressant, Xanax is particularly popular among teens who want to reduce anxiety and other panic-related emotions. Since the central nervous system is directly affected, adolescents who abuse the drug have difficulty quitting and often experience teen Xanax withdrawal symptoms when they decide to quit.  

Xanax Withdrawals: Symptoms and effects

If your child is going to a treatment program for their Xanax addiction, then they are about to go through the symptoms and effects of withdrawal. Note that 40% percent of teenagers who take Xanax for more than six months are likely to experience moderate to severe symptoms, while the remaining 60% are expected to see milder symptoms.

Some of the symptoms and effects of teen Xanax withdrawals include:

Short-Term

  • Constant headaches.
  • Stomach problems that cause nausea, vomiting, and weight loss.
  • Fatigue, along with excessive sweating and muscular pains.
  • Seizures and heart palpitations.

Long-Term

  • Anxiety attacks and irritability.
  • Insomnia, along with nightmares.
  • Suicidal thoughts.
  • Feelings of depression.

Some symptoms may arise years after the addiction is gone in the form of anxiety, panic attacks, and sleeping issues.

The duration of these symptoms has no definitive timeline. They last depending on the amount taken, the span of usage, and co-existing factors in the addicted teenager. Xanax has a half-life of 11 hours, so withdrawal symptoms are bound to start six to twelve hours after the last dose. These will peak the following day but then slowly disappear over the next four to five days. On the other hand, post-acute symptoms last for weeks or months and may even cause relapses. It is advisable to pursue continued treatment to prevent these from happening.

Teen Xanax withdrawal symptoms: How to avoid or reduce?

It is almost impossible to avoid withdrawal symptoms, but it is possible to reduce them by slowly tapering off under a professional’s surveillance. Admitting your teen to a detox center is the best way to go about this. Tapering off entails gradually decreasing Xanax dosage but still leaving some amounts in the body until it is entirely removed.

Teen Xanax rehab facilities provide techniques for stress management and tools for relapse prevention. They also offer behavioral therapies that aid teenagers in finding the link between their thoughts and correlating actions. This allows teenagers to have a more positive outlook on life. Best seo service Furthermore, detox centers ensure that the patient has a proper diet since appetite loss is expected during the process.

Get the proper help for your teen from Los Angeles Teen Xanax Rehab. We provide a highly effective evidence-based approach that incorporates individual, group, and family therapies. Let your teen’s recovery be carried out in a positive environment that will target every aspect of their life. Contact us for further information, and together, we’ll help your teen get the best possible treatment so they can make the most out of life.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Copyright © 2022 Teen Xanax Treatment. All Rights Reserved.